Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Everyday is a Mile.

I feel so beat down today!  Totally tired and easily irritated.  I tried to diagnose myself, probably not the best idea I know.  Thoughts came to me....  maybe I'm getting sick, maybe I need more water, maybe I need to read my Bible, maybe it's PMS.... on and on it went.  So I drank water, I sat and read my Bible for a bit but I still felt down.

My afternoon started out hard with 5 kids at my house.  Judah came to play which was easy but then a neighbor boy came over too and the mixture of kids just wasn't going well.  I ended up (nicely) sending the neighbor boy home.  I felt bad about it since I know his home life is not good.  He enjoys coming to our home and I try to welcome him with kind words.  So that afternoon mishap with sending him home kinda kicked off my "beat down" feeling.  Sometimes you just feel like your feet are dragging!

So what do I do when I can't shake the YUCK?!?  I run!
Running clears my head and it got me praying.  Not every mile I run is beautiful and easy.  Neither is each day I live.  Sometimes I have days I want to stay in my jammies and not see anyone.  God reminded me that life is a long distance race.  Some days (aka miles) will be a piece of cake and some days you will have to fight to keep your head above water.  I remember when I ran my first half marathon seeing a woman limping along about 3 miles from the finish.  She looked like she was in pain and miserable.  She carried on though.

After my run today and being reminded my life is a daily race I felt much better.
My finish line is Heaven's gates.  I get to live another day tomorrow, God willing and I get to work at it again.....to get it right, live right, set a good example for my kids, be a good wife and love those around me like God would love them.
Everyday is mile.  I intend for the next mile to be better than today's.

No comments:

Post a Comment